Baby Nursery Gliders are a nursery glider review site that provides fantastic nursery glider reviews for you to choose from the best nursery gliders. But, we also test out the best quality, popular items that many new moms may need. On this page, we look at what you will need for baby’s bath time. Let the bath-time fun begin.
We want you to trust us at Baby Nursery Gliders. We think you should know that if you make a purchase, we do get a little bit of commission from Amazon. This helps us to cover the cost of running the website and time spent researching the products. Thank you for being here……
Baby’s Bath Time
Bath time for you and baby can be a special and loving experience. Some babies absolutely love being in the water, and if they do, giving your baby a warm bath can become a fun and relaxing experience.
How often should I bathe my baby?
Even if your baby loves having a bath, you don’t need to bathe your baby every day. If your baby is newborn, a bath two or three times a week is enough to keep him clean
Bathing your baby can be lovely, but it may feel stressful to you at first. Of course, it is natural to be worried about doing it right so that baby enjoys it. Some babies take to baths well whilst others don’t seem to like them. If it is the latter option then bath time can be more of a struggle.
Try not to get stressed or take it personally, you may have to try different methods before you find a way that suits you and baby. The main thing is that you stay relaxed and take your time to ensure that it is as nice for baby as possible. If you feel uptight, baby will not enjoy the water time.
Crucial advice for new parents is to ‘never leave a baby or a young child unattended in the bath, even for a moment’. Turn off distractions like your phone and, if you have other children make sure that they are not going to call on your attention. What feels like a couple of seconds can easily be a minute or two, which is enough time for a disaster to happen.
How do I bathe my baby?
- Make sure that the room is pleasantly warm
- Make sure you have everything you need – tub, shampoo, baby wash, washcloths, towels, clean diaper and fresh clothes. You will soon get into a pattern of knowing exactly what you need.
- Fill the tub with approximately 8-10cm of warm water
- Test the water with your elbow. Temperature should feel comfortable and pleasant
- First of all wash your baby’s face and bottom before you put them baby in the bath.
- Lower baby gently into the water so that he feels supported and safe. It might also help to hold baby’s arms by his side while you lower him into the bath.
- Lift your baby into the water with one arm supporting their shoulders and neck, holding their outside arm with your hand. Place your other hand under baby’s bottom and rest baby gently to the floor of the bath, when you can then free that hand to wash baby.
- Take your time and monitor your baby’s response. Relax and make it fun for him so that he will learn to enjoy his bath time.
Over time, we will have lots of articles that will help you every step of the way with your baby. So, let’s now take a look at which products you might need for baby’s bath time.
Safe Baby Tub
You are going to want a strong, safe baby tub that has been thoroughly tested and is loved by many other parents. We have tested a baby tub that ticks all of the boxes for a tub that will be perfect for your newborn baby and great for as he gets bigger.
The Sure Comfort Deluxe newborn to Toddler Tub with Sling is an absolute favorite! It was, in fact, voted ‘Best’ bathtub in *Baby Center’s Moms’ Picks 2014 and 2015 awards.
The lovely tub has a deep ergonomic design which holds baby securely for bathing. It has a mesh sling and padded headrest to provide extra comfort and support to cradle newborns.
The form-fitting mesh netting provides security, making bath time less stressful for both parents and baby. Once baby grows, they can sit up comfortably and have room to play on the toddler side.
Why do Moms love this tub so much?
- Simple, one piece design makes transitioning between stages easy
- It has an adjustable newborn mesh sling for safety and support – this is machine washable
- Drain plug for quick water drainage
- Built-in wash basin for toys, supplies, and rinse water
- Comfortable, mildew-resistant and non-slip pads
- For use in most single or double sinks
- Suitable for birth up to 25 lbs. As baby grows, you can leave out the sling and baby can recline comfortably in the warm, shallow water. There is a little bump to prevent baby from sliding down. Toddlers can splash around on the straight back side with plenty of room to play
The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub measures 29″ x 15.2″ x 9″ and is available in pink or blue.
We were going to discuss individual shampoos and washes etc, but the Aveeno Baby Mommy & Me Gift Set is really good value, and gives you everything that you need for a special baby bath time for you and baby.
This super special gift pack is clearly a hot favorite as parents voted 81% 5* reviews
The gift set comes with six daily care items to pamper you and baby. This is a pediatrician-recommended brand in baby care. The products come in a reusable canvas box and is a super gift idea for parents-to-be
Inside the Aveeno Baby Mommy & Me Gift Set
- AVEENO Baby Wash & Shampoo, 8 fl oz
- AVEENO Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash, 8 fl oz.
- AVEENO Baby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream, 5 oz
- AVEENO Baby Daily Moisture Lotion, 8 oz (227 g)
- AVEENO Daily Moisture Lotion, 2.5 fl oz
- AVEENO POSITIVELY RADIANT Daily Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15, 4.0 fl oz
We adore the collection of baby washes and shampoo, lotions, and creams contain the naturally soothing scents of lavender, vanilla, and chamomile. The routine of bath and massage can help calm and comfort babies. This gift set also includes a bonus 100 percent natural cotton blanket. For us, we found it to be a super way to share special time with baby and pamper yourself at the same time.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $12.36Was: $17.36
Bunny : Cat : Dog : Duck : Elephant : Hippo : Lion
Monkey : Moose : Zebra : Frog : Blue penguin
Chicken : Fox : Koala : Lamb : Lobster
Monster : Panda : Purple penguin : Raccoon
The Matimati Bamboo baby washcloths are premium extra soft & absorbent towels for baby’s Sensitive Skin – Perfect 10”x 10” Reusable Wipes.
The washcloths make an excellent Baby Shower / Registry Gift
We are not surprised that these plush and luxurious washcloths rate a spectacular 89% five star and 7% four star reviews, they really are a super item.
The Matimati Bamboo baby washcloths are made from super soft organic bamboo. Bamboo is the best, softest, and most absorbent fabric that you can use for your baby. This natural fabric is completely chemical-free and eco-friendly. Not only is it great for your little one, but it is good for the environment as well! Once you have used bamboo products, you won’t want to use anything else. The softness is simply gorgeous. Although they work out a little more expensive than a basic washcloth, you will soon appreciate the durable quality and scrummy softness.
They are hypoallergenic and won’t irritate or scratch your baby’s skin.
Each pack includes earth colors – 3 natural green and 3 off-white washcloths. Perfect for boys, girls, and baby shower/registry gifting.
If you are looking for a more basic washcloth, you won’t go far wrong with the Amazon basic cotton washcloths. They represent good value with the large reusable pack of 24.
- 100% spun cotton with a looped terry design
- Pack of 24 washcloths for personal, office, or gym use
- Made of 100% looped-terry cotton for strength, high absorbency, and fast drying
- Soft enough for use on the face and absorbent enough for general household cleaning
- Reinforced edges
- Machine washable and dryer safe
The good value Amazon basic cotton washcloths rated at 87% five star and 9% four star reviews
The great value washcloths offer softness and strength – ideal for anything from gentle face cleansing to general house cleaning. The washcloths measure a generous 12″x 12″ each and make a useful addition to any home or office. We found that the washcloths get even softer with regular washing.
The bright-white washcloths coordinate effortlessly with almost any bathroom decor and color scheme. They offer a fresh, clean appearance with a spa-like feeling of luxury.
You will of course love to spend time grooming your lovely baby. Rather than buy all the items separately, we have reviewed a lovely grooming set that contains everything that you need for baby care.
The Healthcare and Grooming Kit by Safety 1st contain the health and grooming items you can use at home or on the go. This is a popular item for baby registry gift. It has 70% five star and 15% four star reviews.
- Digital thermometer with case
- Brush & comb set
- Cradle cap comb
- Nasal aspirator
- Bottle medicine dispenser
- Nail clippers
- 5 probe covers
- 5 emery boards
- 5 alcohol wipes
- Emergency contact card
- Travel case
We hope that this article has been useful to you. The only other essential we would recommend is to have a good supply of cotton balls & swabs. These are of course available from any good store.
Is baby a busy little bee and always looking for something to do? Take the pressure off, do yourself a favor and get one of the fabulous activity centers featured on our review page. It will be a decision you will NEVER regret once you see how much fun baby has and, hey, it is a great learning activity also.
So much to think about! All the little things – and the big things – you are going to need before baby arrives in your life. Wouldn’t it be great if you knew which products are the best, those that other parents have praised? Oh yeah, that’s what WE do hahahah….
There is no doubt that shopping for baby clothes is one of the best things to do. All those wonderful choices and fantastic snazzy colors all make it a brilliant experiences.
[READ MORE …]
Feeding baby is a huge topic with many conflicting opinions, advice and ideas. We won’t add to your confusion, but we will present some fabulous products to you on this page that may make the process a little easier for you.
This is YOUR special time, a time to take care of yourself and have others take care of you. There are some items you will absolutely need to make your life easier before and after baby is born, but there are also some beautiful little luxuries that will make this time unique for you.
[READ MORE …]
Find a Nursery Glider within your budget
Check out our review pages for gliders to suit your budget.
Lost Confidence after Baby Arrived?
Your identity is shaped from our experience of life but, when baby arrives, you are suddenly assigned a new identity as a mom. It can be easy to lose your sense of self for a while and experience a dip in your confidence. Find out how to restore your confidence in this article